Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2007

July 18 Trade Summary $1k on 57c



I'm expecting ER2 to outperform YM for the next week and to see some sector rotation.
DIA calls should have been closed at the beginning of the week if you were smart about taking your profits with option expiration quickly approaching.

P/L= $1k on 57 contracts and 400 shares

Trade Summary-
I traded 2 hours during the afternoon with objectives to look for short trades on YM and long scalps on ER2.

Trade experiment-
I put on a trade on my simulator account over a month ago.
Long 1 contract YM
Short 1 contract ER2

The results-
YM- $1,760
ER2- $222

You would think I should have gone long 2 contracts on YM to equal 1 contract on ER2, but still, YM strongly outperformed ER2 this last month, while ER2 is breakeven/lower from where it was a month ago.



My strategy has now reversed and I will be reversing positions for the next few weeks to see how things work out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment