Pages

Thursday 20 December 2007

Dual Monitor Problem

I'm having problems with my dual monitor setup. Before I was using a matrox dual head video card on Windows XP OS with 2 CRT monitors. Now I'm using two 22'' LCDs on Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit, with a Nividia 8800 GT video card. The problem is, when ever the machine goes goes into sleep mode and I have Quotetracker and Interactive Brokers active, and I awake the computer, the monitors will flicker every 3 seconds, showing my desktop, then going to black. And it repeats this until you restart the computer. Apparently there are issues with Vista and dual monitors, because I did a search and there are many other people out there with similiar problems. In attempt to solve the problem, I have changed the power settings (under screen saver settings) to never allow the computer to go into sleep mode and for the monitors to never go into sleep mode. Also I set the screen saver wait time to 9999 minutes. The problem is probably Vista related, but hopefully this will work for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment