Pages

Saturday 9 February 2008

Feelings on the video

Edit- I won't be putting the video back up. I've also declined Break.com's offer to pay me for the video.

I'm sure some people are mad to see the notorious trading blowup video gone.
I took it down a few weeks ago because it makes me feel depressed and makes me feel like a loser. At first it was kind of funny, but now it's painful to watch. It's like a mistake you wish never happened, but in the back of your mind it is there ready to jump up and remind you of who you are and what you've done. There's no going back and changing the past. What's done is done.

Someone suggested I make a video of me making money, which is something people would like to see. Kind of like a real life story of a guy who lost it all and came back fighting to become very successful through hard work.(ie Chris Gardner). Easier said than done. My plans right now are to get a better job while continuing to work on improving my trading.

Broadcasting my trading performance on this blog may have been detrimental to my trading performance as it has been somewhat serving to the ego.(ie never wanting to post a negative day on the blog to show the people how good of a trader I was, like the SocGen trader who wanted to be a star and ended up making a huge mistake). Perhaps this is something to think about if you are contemplating posting your performance publicly on a blog or you already are posting your performance and having negative results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment