Pages

Friday 6 April 2007

AMEX TICK REVERSALS



The amex strategy was a pattern I saw where the market would reverse in conjuction with the AMEX tick reversing at key numbers like -100, +100, +200. I would see this pattern occuring occuring 1-2 times a week and found it odd that the market would make this pattern so often. I think the AMEX tick reversals are just a common occurence like 10:30am and 3pm EST reversals, and there really is no secret to AMEX tick reversing at these key numbers, it is just pattern that occurs frequently for all I know. It is an interesting indicator to look at and shouldn't be overlooked, but for the most part I would rely more on price, volume, NYSE TICK, and NYSE A/D for trading intraday.

Here are a couple more charts from my archive-


In this chart you see two -100 AMEX TICK reversals.



In this chart you see a +200 AMEX TICK reversal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment