Pages

Saturday 29 March 2008

10K Thrown Away

My Trading friends over at 10K Thrown Away did an interview with TraderInterviews.

Update on CPU status-
With any luck, I should have my computer up and running by Monday.

I'M DONE WITH VISTA......



Picture of my CPU torn apart.

I switched the OS to Windows XP Pro 64 Ed. (Hopefully the 64 Ed. doesn't cause too many problems, ie other software providers not compatible with 64bit OS, no drivers etc.)

Next I have to put back in my nVidia card, TV card, and 2Gb of RAM I took out of the system.

I've always had compatibility problems with the nVidia card and Vista OS starting when I got this system(I made a video about the monitor flickering due to Vista). So hopefully switching to XP will solve this problem.

I think the cause of the BSOD may be due to bad RAM. I'm running on 2Gb instead of 4Gb right now with no problems yet. After I install the full 4Gb back in the computer I will investigate things and make sure nothings gone corrupt. (Note: go to- run, check- msinfo, check- hardware reseources.)

After Installed XP 64 Ed. and updated to service pack 2, my USB ports all stopped working. Apparently this was an issue that MSFT made a hotfix for. Anyway, I fixed the problem by un-installing SP2 and I don't plan on installing it ever again.

Lets see if I can get both monitors up and running now.

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips in the comment section guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment