Pages

Thursday 15 March 2007

March 15 Trade Summary



Trade Summary:
Well I slept in the this morning, so I missed the morning pop, and now I have to leave to tend to other things, so I only traded for about an hour. Overall, I took good setups today but didn't exit when there was block trades and extreme ticks. I was holding out for the bigger move, but price action was a little choppy and wouldn't give me my profit target that easily. We didn't have the volatility this morning like yesterday, so I should have taken scalps on the 3-6min volatility spikes and especially when there was block trades and extreme tick readings. Yen/US dollar was hard to read this morning.

Bad things today:
1.Didn't exit at extreme tick and block trade signal.
2.Hesistated to go long ZN because of inexperience trading it.
3.Moved profit target for bigger target, which would have been hit, however, the given market conditions were favorable to scalping in the 0.7-1.1pt range as opposed to my target of 2pts.
4.Should have given my YM reversal trade more time.(I took 6pts, when it ran 20pts, I didn't expect a reversal, I was just taking a small scalp on short covering)

Good things today:
1.Took good setups.

Observations:
NYSE A/D chart was a good indicator for todays morning trading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment