Pages

Thursday 31 July 2008

Frustrating Day

Today was a very frustrating day for me. I traded everything today. Bonds, gold, Crude Oil, the stock indices, and the Euro. I'm quiting an hour early because I'm, well, frustrated and don't want to make any stupid mistakes. The morning began with some decent scalps and then getting stopped out on ES 2 ticks away from the morning HOD. That ticked me off.

Next up, the EURO got completely faded after the morning report of the US GDP report that was lower then estimated. Who ever bought the top on this got royally screwed. I bought near the bottom of the day and got stopped out, but made another trade later to trim some of the loss. This trade was probably the most frustrating as I watched the 2yr note make a new LOD at 9:21AM, while the EURO just sat and did nothing for me. I sat in this loser trade down about $150-$250 for over 2 hours. It sucked, but it panned out. The Euro will undoubtedly bounce to 1.558 now that I exited my long. I should have probably traded E7 or made a forex trade instead of a trade on the Euro future contract to lower the P/L swing and my emotion involved in the trade.

ZF versus YM. I got some decent scalps on both of these trading them in an inverse correlated fashion.

At least I'm positive on the day. The Euro is creeping back above where I sold out as I type, but I could care less at this point, as I'm going to the GYM to release some of this negative tension. Believe it or not most of my profits came from long scalps on Gold and Crude oil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment