Pages

Monday 25 June 2007

June 25 Trade Summary



Today was a battle up 1500 in the AM, down 2000 off the selloff, but I made it back in the last 45 min. AAPL burnt me bad, and I didn't see the drop coming. Only loser today was AAPL for a whopping $1,299. It was a scalp that I wanted to make $20 on,,,,,OOPS! I should have taken the $250 loss when I got the first bounce, NYSE A/D had a totally bearish setup for continuation to the downside and I felt frozen and stuck in AAPL, I waited for the 12pm reversal and scaled out on AAPL and got a winner on ER2 to make up for my humilating loss on AAPL. I usually scale out on my bad trades just like I scale in on my good trades, but today I totally screwed up by not watching the major market and NYSE A/D during the afternoon. I need to keep trend line alerts on the NYSE A/D. I was so focused on AAPL that I lost track of what the broad market was doing and I ended up losing what I made in the morning. I failed to use a stop on AAPL and was struck with "Deer in the headlights syndrome" (DITHS,,aka DIPSHIT without a stop loss)

P/L $1,638 net on 75 contracts, and 4,100 shares

Today could have been a good day but I screwed it up by not watching NYSE A/D. Oil popped today too, but XLE really didn't lift the market. I'm not sure if there was news out today besides the morning housing number that I missed, but it was yet again another good day full of volatility and I'm glad I came out ahead after screwing up so bad on AAPL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment