Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Aug 7 Choppy $300 before FOMC



My main goals today were to hit my daily goal of $300, and to record todays trading to do some analysis later. Although I did a lot of churning today, I stuck to using my stops and I kept my risk down by keeping my max contract size under 3. I bought ESTX50 around 11:40EST, got hit for a 3 pt stop, and then watched and grieved over the 30pt rally that I missed by 1 not having my stop 1 tick lower. I know, coulda, woulda, shoulda. At least I'll be able to go back and analyze the trade.

P/L= 300 on yikes,,,74 contracts (hey, at least I'm reducing my commissions by doing more volume,,,right?)

NYSE A/D analysis-
There are critical levels on NYSE A/D that I've noticed are key points for where breakouts occur. The values of 0.80 and 1.50 are the 2 most critical levels for when breakouts occur when looking at NYSE A/D.

I won't be trading FOMC announcement because I have to leave 20 minutes after the announcement to go to work, leaving me with not enough time to manage any trades I place.

LATER TRADERS

0 comments:

Post a Comment