Pages

Friday 7 September 2007

Sep 7 $600 on 42c



I was really thinking about closing my account yesterday, but I thought to myself, "if I'm not trading in the morning, what else would I be doing?", I could go to the gym, or read a book, but not for 3-4 hours. I've been really mad at myself in the past for some of my big losses, but yesterdays loss had no feeling to it. I can't remember the last time I was in a flight or fight response when trading, which is a good thing(actually it was when my account was taking a beating a few months back and I put on a 10 lot position on CL and I was sweating bullets, I felt like I was going to die from the overwhelming anxiety attack I was having, never felt that way in trading ever, it was like I was playing Russian Roulette with my account and I just loaded the gun with 4 bullets,,,,,,,,,ahhh, the good times!). So I decided to keep trading and start taking my trade signals. I started out crappy by shorting the open, when I instead should have waited for a trade signal. So I ended up with a small profit on my first trade of the day when I should have made more by following my signals(broken record, when will I ever learn). I then did some scalping off my signals and now I've hit my goal for the day, so I'm done.

P/L= $600 on 42c (avg. 2 tick profit)

Trade summary-
I set better stops today. Overall another crappy week on my part by not following trade signals and using the proper risk management techniques. Yesterday was a perfect example for disaster. Over leverage and emotions= Big Losses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment