Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Losing for 8 years straight

This guy at EliteTrader has been losing for 8 years and isn't sure whether to quit. I'm seeing some similarities between his problems and mine. I can't imagine losing for 8 years and to still be trading. This guy worries me because he is a futures trader.

I've been trying to make it as a trader for eight years. I have yet to have a profitable year. I have been living off my savings from a previous venture and that is now below $75K.
Everyone I talk to says to quit. My family thinks I am just a gambler. My psychiatrist thinks I am addicted to trading.
I don't know what to do. I'm 51 and alone. My last two girlfriends left because they were worried about my finances and couldn't deal with the down days.
I have no idea where to turn from here. What am I supposed to put on a resume - eight years as a daytrader? I don't even want to work for someone else, anyway and don't know what else I would do.
All I ever wanted was to find a consistent way to pull one point from the market and trade size as my account built up. I only need $200 per day to keep going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment