Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2007

May 30 Trade Summary $1,517




Unfortunately I had technical problems with IB this morning and missed the first hour of trading, and as a result missed some good trading. IB failed to log me in this morning and wouldn't open the book trader when I finally did get a connection. I finally got connected at 7:30am and scalped the next 2 hours, took a break, and scalped another 20min, and now I'm done for the day.

P/L= $1,517 (61 RT)

Broker Problems-

IB error on log on-


Also, for some reason my total contracts traded on my trade summary log is showing double the amount of contracts I actually traded. It says I did 122 round turns today, when I actually only did 61 RT.

Trading style today-
Today is the first day I implemented a new trading style based on scalping volatility spikes. This new style of trading should have profit targets hit quickly and has a tight stop as default. With this new style of trading I hope to increase my contract size for each trade, become more mechanical in my trading, and eventually be able to move to trading ES to trade larger size.

Market Observations-
NYSE A/D opened at the lowest level I have ever monitored before (I'm sure Feb 27 was a lower value), but the futures couldn't push the NYSE A/D down any further on heavy volume during the morning, and we rallied right back into bull mode and have been trending up all day. ZN got faded today like it usually does at 7:30am, and XLE and Financials look to be the strong sectors today, which are the best sectors IMO for a trending bullish day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment